Thank you to our negotiating team (Patty Peinado, Tanya Guiremand, Rich Guiremand, and Aaron Nesper) for all their hard work over the past few months. And a special thank you to Andrew Oman for his ongoing support.
As you read through the document, which I recommend, please keep in mind that the MOU includes items for working during Distance Learning as well as working in a Hybrid model in the future. Consequently, items in the MOU that don’t pertain to our current Distance Learning situations will pertain to a possible Hybrid model in the future. Also, keep in mind that if conditions should change in the future, both parties may agree to meet and negotiate potential changes.
Some of the main points in my last email have already passed so no reason to mention them again.
Here are some new points and some repeats that are worth mentioning:
1) We will be paid our daily rate for the extra three professional development days we worked this week.
2) Students will start school on August 17.
4) With the exception of those asking for accommodations through the Interactive Process, we will work from our school sites for one more week. Starting on August 24, each week, we will work from our school sites on Monday and one other day of our choice. The other three days we can choose to work from school or home. As a reminder, if you have asked for an accommodation from Kevin Platt, and you have not yet completed the process, you may work from home until the process is completed. Additionally, for safety reasons, we may be asked by our site Administration what days we will be working on campus.
5) Don’t forget to complete the five trainings required by the District. Visit www.getsafetytrained.com
6) A new 2020-2021 School Calendar including January 11, May 28, and June 11 has yet to be developed.
7) All evaluations will continue per our current Collective Bargaining Agreement with the following exception: If a permanent unit member receives a “needs improvement” or “unsatisfactory” evaluation during the 2020-21 school year, he or she will be re-evaluated in the 2021-22 school year. The 2021-22 evaluation will replace the 2020-21 evaluation and the replaced 2020-21 evaluation shall have no further consequences.
9) We will all utilize Canvas as our learning platform.
Additional documents that may prove to be useful now and in the coming months include:
This information will continue to be posted on our SMJUHSDFA website for future reference.
Hope we all have a great school year,