1) Many of you have asked for a digital copy of the contract. I have attached one.
You can also find one on the district website.
Santa Maria Joint Union High School District :: www.smjuhsd.k12.ca.us
2) We have asked the district to add Personal Necessity reason 184.108.40.206 to the AESOP absence system. It reads, “Specific family responsibilities or family business imperatives which require the personal presence of the unit member during working hours”. This should be added in soon.
3) For those teachers who were charged incorrectly for partial day absences for the 2014-2015 and 2015-2016 school years, more information should be coming soon. We are finalizing the process, with the district, for teachers to have corrections made to their personal leave statements. Association partial day absences will also be corrected during this process.
4) Just a reminder to those teachers being evaluated this year to be aware of the timeline below. This timeline can also be found in the back of your contract in Appendix D. If you have any questions feel free to contact Tanya, Patty or myself.
PROCEDURES FOR ADMINISTRATORS
TO EVALUATE CERTIFICATED STAFF
|Pre-Observation Conference||by October 31st||by October 1st|
|Observations||October – April||October-February|
|Final Evaluation||by May 1st||by February 15th|
5) Continue to check your personal emails for updates from Jen Dolan. If you are not receiving updates, please send your personal email address to firstname.lastname@example.org and she will add you to the list.